Sandwich structures with balsa result in a particularly lightweight and sturdy end product. As balsa wood is cut perpendicular to the grain direction it has optimum physical properties due to its honeycomb-like cell structure.
Depending on processing and in combination with other layers, balsa as core material offers the following specific properties:
- High specific stiffness and rigidity
- High impact resistance
- Excellent moisture resistance
- Operating temperature from -212° C to +163° C
- Ecological, sustainable product, made of 100% plantation wood
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation